Thank you for your interest in joining America Needs You! Please review the eligibility requirements below.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
1. I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the inclusion of a booster shot OR will be by the program start in July 2023.
2. Neither of my parents/guardians have a bachelor’s degree (from any country)
3. I am a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or by the application deadline, eligible for full-time and off-campus internships, as well as paid employment opportunities in the United States
4. I am a current freshman or plan to graduate with my Bachelor’s degree in 2025 or later
5. I am in the process of obtaining my first Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
6. I am available to attend monthly Saturday workshops starting in July
7. I am Pell Grant eligible or considered low-income by my state HUD (Housing and Urban Development) guidelines (see below)
If you are an out-of-state student, attending a school within CA, IL, NY, or NJ use this link to determine the HUD standard for your home state: https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il.html#2022
1. I am a currently enrolled in college
2. Neither of my parents have earned a bachelor’s degree (in any country)
ANY considers applicants first-generation college students if neither of their parents has completed a bachelor’s degree from the U.S. or any country. Applicants’ parents could have received an associate’s degree, but nothing greater. Also, the applicant cannot have already earned a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. or from another country. If you believe you have a special circumstance, please email email@example.com or complete the optional essay to explain.
We stand with Dreamers and believe that America needs you. You are eligible to apply to our program if you currently (at the time of submitting an application) have work authorization. If DACA authorization is revoked or expires after applying to our program, you can still participate if accepted, and we will support your career development in every way we can.
We are searching for ambitious, goal-oriented college students. In selecting our Fellow class, we will consider the following:
Applicants must have a strong academic record, reflecting a commitment to hard work and excellence. We require Fellows to maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout their time in the program.
Applicants must demonstrate leadership and a commitment to communities in need through work experience, campus organizations, athletics or other extracurricular activities.
Applicants must possess a passion for reaching their potential, and must have a vision for how the Fellows Program can help them achieve their professional goals. The Fellows Program is open to students from all disciplines and interests.
For information on low-income limits, visit this link https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il/il2020/select_Geography.odn select your home state, and then select View State Calculations and reference the bottom box (LIL).
America Needs You will not accept mailed application materials under any circumstances.